You may cancel your order without penalty prior to shipping. If you cancel an order after we have shipped, or refuse delivery for any reason, we will refund the price of the merchandise minus shipping charges, return freight charges and a 20% restocking fee. If livestock is rejected for any reason there will be no refund (please see 7-Day Live Guarantee for details).
We work from a live inventory system which that if you see that it is available; it is here in our facility. Mistakes in inventory do happen from time to time however so some items in your may not actually be available at the time of your purchase. We do not backorder out of stock items because we have found that this is easier for both parties. Any items that are not in stock will need to be reordered.
Blue Zoo Aquatics will not substitute any item(s) without our customer's approval. If an item is out of stock, one of our associates will contact you by either phone or email to discuss options with alternative products.
Weather Related Delays:
As we have no control over the weather, Blue Zoo Aquatics is not responsible for delayed shipments or any consequent loss due to the transit route or final destination experiencing severe climate conditions. Please check your local forecast before placing an order, especially if you are interested in livestock. In order to protect all interests, we reserve the right to postpone livestock shipments if adverse weather is forecast for shipment destinations.
Shipping Livestock & Aquarium Supplies Together:
Although you may order livestock and aquarium supplies at the same time, the departments which handle these orders operate independently of each other. As a result, we cannot ship aquarium supplies orders in the same box as livestock.
Damaged in Transit:
In the unlikely event that your shipment arrives damaged, please contact us as soon as possible. We will assist you in filing a damage claim with the carrier. Please hold onto both the damaged items(s) and packaging material for inspection for 7 business days from the date you report the damage. Blue Zoo Aquatics is not liable for the damaged goods but will work collaboratively with you and the carrier to resolve problem.
If you are interested in an item not found on our website, please use our special request form to let us know what you are interested in. We are constantly adding new items to the site and chances are we will have the item you are looking for but just haven't added it to our product pages yet. Once we receive your request, we will respond with availability and pricing usually within 48 hours.
Postponement of Livestock Shipments:
Blue Zoo will always base the decision to ship a livestock order on animal health and safety, and as such we reserve the right to postpone or cancel livestock shipments for any reason. If the determination is made to postpone shipment of an order, we will always use whatever information is provided to us by our customers to communicate the change in schedule. For this, we strongly advise that a cell phone number is included with every purchase and that email is checked the day and evening before a scheduled delivery date.
Order postponement reasons include but are not limited to:
- Severe weather forecast for a shipment destination or en route shipping hub – Weather reports are consulted daily at www.weather.com to determine the safety of shipping a livestock order. Even if a weather forecast turns out to be wrong, predicted conditions such as extreme cold or heat, freezing rain, strong wind advisories, heavy rain or snow, ice, tornado warnings etc. may cause shipments to be delayed.
- Notification from FedEx that one or more shipping hubs are back logged due to prior severe weather – If planes cannot land or take off, it is common for packages to backlog in their respective hubs. Even when the skies have cleared, it can still take a few days for FedEx to get caught up. In this case, FedEx issues a communiqué advising its customers that the guarantee for on-time deliveries will be suspended until normal operations resume. This information will likely cause livestock shipments to be postponed until notice is given that the back log is cleared.
- A livestock item does not appear fit for travel on the day of shipment and no suitable substitutes are available – Livestock is evaluated the day it is to be shipped. If an item does not appear 100% healthy, we will contact the customer with options to hold the order until a replacement is available, to substitute the item for something different, or to ship the order without the item in question.
Pricing & Policy:
- Prices, policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
- Mislabeled prices will not be honored. The buyer will accept any price correction or the order will be cancelled without penalty.